CareTex Custom Builders, LLC.
Standard Feature Sheet
Renee Nieuwoudt, Owner
Over 20 Years Experience
- Construction time is almost always 12 – 14 weeks from the time the slab is poured; weather permitting.
- CareTex is a leading builder in NE Harris and Montgomery Co., completing over 250 homes since formed in 2000.
- CareTex is registered with the TRCC and our registration number is 9725
- CareTex builds in accordance with the 2000 IBC and the 2006 NEC codes
- Member of the BBB and the GHBA
- Bonded Builder Home Warranty offered
- CareTex pays for and obtains all permits, water meter, sewer tap or septic, utilities, and builder’s risk/general liability insurance.
- CareTex will also include an allowance for third party inspections and warranties at no extra charge.
ENERGY SAVING FEATURES
- High efficiency 14- seer Trane HVAC Systems.
- Attic insulation blown R30, knee walls R22, and exterior R13 batt in all living areas.
- Electricity and natural gas supplied at clothes dryer, oven, and cook top connections.
- Ceiling fans provided in all bedrooms and one living area; allowance $135/ea installed.
- Gas Heater (electric is optional and slightly more)
- Gas water heater (electric is optional and slightly more)
- Gulf and Basco Low E double Insulated metal frame windows
- Techshield radiant barrier roof decking is place of plywood is currently standard at no extra charge.
- Our homes can be brick, stucco, stone, or hardiplank as per plans.
- 30-year fire retardant composition shingle with metal eves; 40yr, tile, or metal are optional.
- Exterior to be wrapped with 1/2” styrofoam green board as a vapor barrier in brick and hardi areas and OSB/Tyvek in stucco and stone areas.
- Deadbolts on all exterior doors.
- All exterior locks are keyed alike.
- Concrete culvert w/headwall plus up to 2,600sf of 4" thick steel reinforced concrete flatwork; driveways/apron/sidewalks
- All weather GFI electrical outlets.
- Water faucets on all 4 sides.
- Aerobic Septic System
- Underground utilities up to 100' from a provided source.
- Gas yard line up to 100' and meter, $350 allowance, which is all that Centerpoint charges for the yard line their meter is free.
- Stratford 25g metal raised panel overhead garage door with one opener.
- 10-Year structural warranty, foundation & structure
- 5-Year mechanical warranty, parts only no labor
- 1st Year full builders warranty, parts and labor
- Slab will be constructed with 30” exterior beams and 24” interior; x 12".
- Exterior beams will have 6 5/8 rebar and interior 4 5/8.
- Top of slab will have 3/8" on 12” centers both ways.
- PEX Plumbing System
- All sub floors are tongue and groove 3/4” plywood glued and nailed down.
- All interior walls 2x4 and exterior 2x4 unless ceiling height warrants 2x6 which may be extra
- Ceiling joist as per plans; no spans greater than 16".
- All exterior and interior walls on 16” centers.
- On-site construction framing.
- Frame lumber is #2 and rafters are #3
- All interior wiring is copper in accordance with the 2006 NEC code.
- Under ground service is aluminum.